Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Steve 10/24/12

Hey all,

   Sorry its been forever since my last blog post! I've been working so much doing PT and Group Ex that by the time I get home I don't really want to think about fitness anymore haha.

                 But anywho, my training has been going great. I'm currently running the Grosso Method that I outlined in my last blog post. This week is my PR week for all of my lifts. Monday was squat which didnt go the greatest. I hit 350 and made it look good last week but I missed 360 at the top this week. Its been difficult for my squat to progress since I cant squat for reps because of my hip. This coming wave I'm going to try working my squat in the 4-6 rep range and see how my hip holds up.

                  Bench was today. Traditionally bench has been a lift where I make very very slow progress but ever since I started lifting high volume my numbers have been shooting up. Today's workout went as follows:

Foam Roll
Dynamic Warm Up
Glute Activation

Bench: 45x5, 135x3, 165x2, 195x1, 220x1, 185x4, 185x4, 185x4

Here's my 220 from today:




    

This looks kind of slow in the video but I felt like I smoked it. And after being stuck at 205 since December this felt awesome. I'll have 2 plates on the bar very soon.

 After I benched I did:

3 x Dips: Bodyweight x 13 /  Inverted Rows w/ 25lb plate on my chest x 8
3 x Incline DB Bench  8 x 40's    /    Neutral Grip Chins x 8


Tomorrow is deadlift day and come hell or high water I'm pulling 440. My next meet is December 1st in King of Prussia PA and I'm going to be bringing the heat in the 148's. You heard it here first 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment