Friday, October 4, 2013

10/4/13 Deadlifts

2 Weeks out, 18lbs to cut. Not concerned.


Today I hit some decently heavy pulls along with some speedwork and assistance that smoked my posterior chain. Todays workout went as follows:


Deadlifts: Worked up to 405x2

 
I wanted a triple out of this but it wasnt in the cards. As per usual my lockout is looking ugly. Luckily, my pull tends to get better as I cut weight so things could turn up.

After this I hit 3 supersets of 405x1/30s rest/315x3 speed reps

Next were pause squats. I've been having trouble getting a feeling for depth squatting in olympic shoes but everything felt on point today. I worked up to 315 and it felt incredibly strong.

 

After this I finished with some block pulls to work on my awful lockout. Off 6" blocks I hit 225x8, 275x8, 275x8 beltless and called it a day

No comments:

Post a Comment