Thursday, September 19, 2013

9/17 skwats, 9/18 bench



           I'm gonna combine these two posts because neither is really outstanding by themselves. On the monday after Skiba's I decided to hit some more squats to keep working in my oly shoes. My lifts went as follows:

Squat: bar x 5, 135x5, 225x2, 275x1, 325x2, 325x2, 325x2, 405 x walkout


 

 

Here's some footage of my 3rd double with 325 as I felt it was the best. I'm still having some trouble feeling out depth in oly shoes because I have to consciously stop myself from going complete ass to grass. I feel strong as shit though and once I get my rebound out of the bottom right things are gonna go well.



 9/18/13 Bench:

Today was my big bench day for the week. Since I'm 4 weeks out I'm doin a lot of benching and not a whole lot of assistance. My workout went as follows:

Paused Bench: bar x 10, 95x5, 135x3, 165x2, 185x1, 195x2, 195x2, 195x2

After hitting my 3 heavy doubles I did a 10 to 2 pyramid of touch and go:
135x10
145x8
155x6
165x4
175x2

After this I finished with Tabata TRX Rows/Fallouts and Tabata Cable Flys/Bicep Curls

Despite being this close to a meet, my bench always feels best when I'm doing a lot of volume and this workout was the tightest my bench has felt in a long time so hopefully I can keep this rolling

No comments:

Post a Comment