So word on the street is that people actually care enough about my contributions to the world of fitness that it was requested that I restart my training blog. So here it is:
I'm currently in the middle of a training cycle leading up to the Ultimate IPA Powerlifting meet in Ithaca, NY on Oct 19th where I will be competing in the Raw Junior 148lb class.
In the past year I've posted a 1000lb total (375, 215, 410) in the Junior Raw 165 class and a 955lb (325, 205, 425) total in the Raw Junior 148 class. Although these meets went well, they're still no where I'd like to be.
But enough of the excuses, lets get down to training. Today was my heavy pull day and it went as follows:
Sumo Deadlift - 135x3, 225x2, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1x4
I've been trying to do as many reps as possible above 405 to help me from a mental standpoint
5 Second Paused Squat - 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x1
Snatch Grip RDL from 2" Deficit - 135x8, 135x8, 185x8, 185x8
If you want something to absolutely destroy your posterior chain, these should be your go-to. They work from your traps to your hamstrings and the wide grip forces you to keep your lats locked in.
After this I finished with 3x10 Anti Rotation Ab Rollouts and called it a day. So there's day 1 in the books. Don't fret, there will be much more excitement to come
No comments:
Post a Comment