Thursday, September 19, 2013

9/15/13 Skwaaaaats


            Sorry I'm already slacking on this but this wasn't a normal week. Sunday I had the privilege to lift at Skiba's Barbell in Carteret NJ and meet powerlifting legend Dan Green 

 

For those of you who don't know, Dan green holds the raw world record totals at both 220 and 242 with his best lifts including a 826lb squat, 518lb bench, and a monstrous 815lb pull. Just being in the same room as him reminded me why I compete in this sport. A huge thanks goes out to AnimalPak who puts on these events that allow people to meet their idols.


While I was at Skiba's I just worked on getting used to my oly shoes a little bit more. I hit a bunch of random singles up to 345, nothing spectacular but things are starting to feel more comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment