Sunday, August 12, 2012

NJ States Write Up

Hey guys,

     Sorry it took me a couple days to write this up, I was waiting to get the videos of my lifts. So here's how my meet went:


Squat: 

Warm ups felt good, everything was going well. I knew this lift was gonna go pretty well

1st attempt: 314, felt kinda shaky from my nerves but I got 3 whites easily
2nd attempt: 341, this one was a grinder but I still got 3 whites
3rd attempt: 347, should have went higher. This was easier than my 2nd attempt. 18lb USAPL PR for me though so I'm not complaining.


Unfortunately I dont have any videos from my squats


Bench:

Going into the bench I felt decent. I used a lot of steam on the squats so I tried to get some energy by drinking a bunch of caffeine and eating a ton of candy.

1st attempt: 175, smoked. 3 whites.
2nd attempt: 193, still felt good. Some doucher judge tried to call me on touching too low but I got it 2 to 1
3rd attempt: 198, Felt light in my hands but I got out of my groove and couldnt get it. 3 reds


After this I was feeling really dead. My legs felt like jell-o during my deadlift warm ups but I tried to will myself into thinking I was ready

Deadlift:
1st attempt: 397, felt how 397 always feels. 3 whites
2nd attempt: 424, felt fast off the ground but stalled out at my knees and I couldn't get my hips through. 3 reds
3rd attempt: Same thing


Overall I went 347, 193, 397 for a shitty 937 total. Not near where I wanted to be but unfortunately I have been working very long hours and not getting nearly enough sleep. I went into this meet feeling absolutely exhausted and it shows. I still won my weight class and I'm pretty sure I had the biggest raw total of the morning session so I can't complain. 

Below are some videos from my bench and deadlift:


https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4nn7s1juok52pk/2012-08-11%2011.25.18.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao36pwogh89tmgr/2012-08-11%2011.44.06.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jd97cjrja7fef1/2012-08-11%2012.01.02.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86focvcvjgcgkzp/2012-08-11%2013.07.07.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iel33qwi2hnnzr8/2012-08-11%2013.21.11.mov




Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me. Next stop is trying to gain 30lbs and competing at New Hampshires Strongest man. See you all back on the platform.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment