Sorry for the huge lapse in blog posts guys. All the time I've spent at MBSC interning / weekend time I've spent personal training left me wanting to do non fitness related things while I'm at home. My training didnt slow down at all, just my will to write about it.
Now that I have all the free time in the world to write about my fitness adventures you're all in for a treat. I'm currently prepping for New Hampsire's Strongest Man. This means a few things for my training. My powerlifting training isnt changing much but I get to throw in lots of strongman-esque movements as conditioning. Also, I'm trying to eat my way up to 175lbs by Sept 22nd (I weighed in at 146 at USAPL NJ States). I'm currently up to about 160 and I feel strong as a damn ox even though I'm developing a sweet powerlifter gut.
Below are my workouts from the past 2 days:
8/27/12
Squat: 5x45, 5x135, 3x185, 1x225, 1x275, 1x315, 1x345, 1x360 (miss)
Cambered Bar Military / TRX Row
5x85x5 / BW x 10
Cambered Bar GM / RDL
3x95x8 / 185+60lbs chains
8/28/12
Bench: 5x45, 3x135, 1x165, 1x185, 1x200
Low Pin Press: 4x145x2
Cambered Bar RFE: 4x135x8 each leg
KB Swing: 3x10x80
Chin Ups: 3xBWx6
Sled pushes/Drags (~20 yards): 360, 450, 540, 740
I've been doing a TON of unstable work via the cambered bar/chains/etc. Below is a video of my RFE's:
The cambered bar may be my new favorite training tool. It adds a huge layer of instability to any lift and, more importantly, helps you get a lot more out of less weight.
Also, here's a video of me pushing 14 plates and my girlfriend on a sled:
#prowlerflu. There's gonna be more where all of this came from. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment