Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

Hi everyone! So it's been a long time since I've updated this....oops. It's been really hard for me to get back into a routine since I've been home. I had to find a gym to work out at, I've been getting used to my new job and schedule, and, the worst part is, Steve and I can't really work out together anymore. And I was in Italy for 2 weeks, so I lost a lot of time there. I didn't work out at all while I was there, so I decided to restart Juggernaut from the beginning. So today was the first day getting back to the grind, and getting back in the gym. And I have to say....I will never take that much time off again! I'm already hurting! This was also my first workout without my trusted workout buddy :( so sad! I am not looking forward to the day I have to ask strangers to spot me! Here is my workout from today:

Dynamic warm-up

Squat
5x45
5x55
5x10x65

Good Morning
3x10x55

Hip Ab/Adduction
4x10x55 (each)

Core Workout:
30 crunches
20 bicycles
30 toe touches
20 reverse crunches
50 penguins
30 crunches
50 penguins
40 russian twists
30 bicycles
15 in and outs
20 reverse crunches
10 leg lifts

Hip Thruster
3x15x15lb

Band Pull-Apart
3x20 green band

Stretching

So I joined the YMCA in my town and that's where I will be doing most of my workouts. I'm going to work with Steve to develop a program to help my right knee as well. I'll have Steve explain whats going on with that in his next blog-he understands it much better than I do! I have also been carb backloading. I started last week, and it was much harder than I imagined it would be. But. I've stuck with it, so hopefully I'll start seeing results from that. Basically, I don't eat carbs until after 7pm, except for around workouts. By doing this, your body becomes so starved for carbs that it uses them up right away instead of leaving them to sit in your body. I can eat whatever I want after 7....which is nice because I tend to be a night-eater. So I will keep you all updated on how that's going and if I'm getting results. No videos today.....I was too scared to ask someone I didn't know! Until next time...stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment