Hey guys,
I just realized its been almost a month since my last post. Sorry! Things have been crazy in my life. Between my internship and job I've been doing 65-70 hour weeks with no days off. The 4th was a very welcome couple days off.
In other news, MBSC is still the coolest place I've ever been in my life. 12 hour days there go by significantly faster than 8 hour days at my other job. I could easily see myself working there or at a similar facility for the rest of my life.
Training has also been going well. I've been doing the MBSC summer program but with my Juggernaut work sets, and deadlifting on the weekends. I also finally decided to do my next meet. I'll be doing USAPL NJ States in a little more than a month. I'm currently moving into my 5's wave of juggernaut and that should carry me into this meet.
My 8's wave ended pretty well. I hit 170x6 on bench on a very bad day and I pulled 350x11 which was a huge PR. I still haven't squatted since its forbidden at MBSC and I'm still resting my hip. I still feel very confident though, based on how my deadlift and single leg work is coming along. Unfortunately I dont have any recent videos but I plan to get some up this week. Promise!
I'm looking to do big things in this upcoming meet. My BW is sitting around 153ish and I feel stronger than I've ever felt. I'm looking to destroy some PRs in the 148 class.
Well, thats all I've got for now. I'll leave you all with this gem.
693 raw bench. Holy shit. At age 23. Watch out Scott Mendelson. Theres a bunch of guys comin for the raw bench record. It's just a matter of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment