Hey guys. So I'm just under 4 weeks out from USAPL NJ states. I'm only going to be able to finish my 5's wave of Juggernaut before I have to deload and taper for the meet. Today wasn't my best lift ever but considering I took 6+ weeks off from squatting I'd say things are looking pretty good.
Today's workout went as follows:
Foam Roll
Dynamic warm up
Squat: 45x5, 135x5, ,185x3, 225x2, 255x1, 285x3, 285x3, 285x4, 285x3
Here's a video from my first squat set:
All the time I've taken off has made it hard for me to find a comfortable stance again. I'm feeling strong but uncomfortable. I should have smoked these for 5's but I was feeling off balance
Next I deadlifted
135x3, 225x2, 315x1, 315x1, 355x4, 355x3, 355x3, 355x4
I'm going to blame the missed reps here on the fact that I killed myself squatting. Normally I don't squat and deadlift in the same day but with the ban on back squatting and straight bar deadlifting at MBSC I have to make due.
I ended the day with supersets of KB swings and body saws then some conditioning. My conditioning was 11x15s bike sprint with 40 yard light prowler pushes as my rest interval. Brutal.
No comments:
Post a Comment