Monday, April 23, 2012

Steve 4/23/2012



Hit some incline bench and upper back work today. My workout went as follows:

Short cardio warm up

Dynamic stretches:
Frankensteins
Hurdle Walks
Toe Touches
Thread the Needles
Spidermans
Foam rolling

Main workout:
Incline Bench - 7x5 @ 115lbs
Pull Ups - 10, 8, 8
Bent Over Rows - 9x95, 9x105, 9x105, 9x105
Facepulls - 4x25 @ 50lbs


I'm currently running a modified version of Smolov Jr (4x9, 5x7, 7x5, 10x3 rep scheme). I've stretched it out to 4 weeks instead of 3 because I don't think my shoulders could handle pressing 4x a week. I'm also rotating bench, military press, incline bench, and push press as the main movements instead of just using my bench. I'm hoping this will help my horrific shoulder strength deficiency and jump start my bench progress. So far I'm liking it.




Exercise of the day: Facepulls









If you aren't doing these yet, you should be. I've found facepulls to be one of the most useful exercises for helping to develop upper back thickness, which everybody needs. Having a solid upper back transfers to squatting, benching, and deadlifting; not to mention it will help you posture. Also, who doesn't want a sexy upper back? I know I do.


 That's all for today guys. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment