Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Steve 4/24/2012

Today I hit reverse band deadlifts hard and finally got back under the bar squatting. My lift went as such:

Dynamic warm up + foam rolling

Reverse band deadlifts: 225x3, 315x3, 365x2, 405x4x5
Squat: 45x5, 135x5, 225x5, 225x5
Good Mornings: 135x8x3
Hip Thrusters: 155x8x4

I was REALLY pumped on hitting 405 for 5 sets of 4 reverse bands. My lockout is feeling solid even though my hips are still way too high. Here's some footage of my first set.















Exercise of the day: Today's exercise of the day is definitely reverse band deadlifts. I swear by these for helping to fix my pathetic lockout. I also prefer them to regular banded deadlifts because it helps me mentally to get heavier weights in my hands.

Overall today was a very good day. It felt good to get back under the bar squatting even though my hip still isn't feeling 100%. I'm gonna continue to rehab it and hopefully 4 plates will happen in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment