Wow I am so bad at remembering to update this! Sorry guys :) So I'm going to post my workouts from yesterday and today since I forgot to last night. Oops :)
My main lift yesterday was squat. It's been awhile since I've squatted, we didn't really realize till the other day. My workout went as follows:
Squat
5x45, 5x75, 5x95, 4x105, 5x95
Good Morning
10x45, 10x55, 10x65, 10x65
Hip Thruster
10x20x4
Hip Ad/Abduction
3x15x55 each
I only had about an hour so my workout was pretty short. I was excited that I was able to hit 105 for 4 on my squats. That's only 5 pounds away from my previous max of 110! Here is a video of my squat (5x95)
I came a little close on depth a few times but I think I hit it every time.
Moving on to today!! This morning my main lift was bench again. I think it was my best bench workout so far! It went as follows:
Bench
5x35, 5x50, 5x55, 1x60, 5x50, 2x55, 15x45
Tabata Push-Ups
20:10, ~7-8 every time
DB OHP
4x10x6
DB Row
4x10x6
DB Lateral Raise
4x10x6
DB Curl
4x10x6
DB Tricep Ext
4x10x6
I've never hit 55 for 5 before, so that was a huge accomplishment. That's 10 away from my previous max of 65. Unfortunately that wiped me out so I didn't do that great on the other stuff I did, although I did hit 45 for 15. Tabata push-ups are my nightmare. Push-ups in general are, actually. But I know they'll help my bench so I might as well suck it up. For those of you that don't know, Tabata is a 4 minute workout where you do the exercise for 20 seconds, and rest for 10 for 4 minutes. So you do 8 rounds total of the exercise. You don't want to go hard the first round, because the lowest number you get is your score. My first round I got 12, then it was all downhill from there. I averaged at around 7 or 8 a cycle, but my lowest number was 6. It was definitely a tough workout this morning, I'm already sore!
Sorry for the long post guys. Had to make sure I fit everything in from these last 2 days! I'm taking a day off tomorrow (thank god) then hitting deadlifts on Friday. Happy lifting!
No comments:
Post a Comment