Friday, May 4, 2012

Steve 5/4/2012 rehab

Today I took a much needed day off for some rehab work.


While covering my exciting floor shift at the wellness clinic I did:

Foam roll 10 rolls each:
hips
quads
glutes
lats
back

I then did some more mobility work by doing:
10 shoulder dislocations
10 each side each direction fire hydrant circles
10 FMS squats
10 Thread the Needles
10 Spidermans


I also did some static stretching of my hip flexors and pecs because those are extra tight.


Today's exercise of the day is: Shoulder Dislocations
 

I love these as an upper body warm up or as a mobility drill. The more flexible you are the closer together you will be able to put your hands. Throw in 10 of these with a wooden dowel as part of your dynamic warm up before any upper body work and you'll feel the difference.


Well thats all for today folks. Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment