Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm Baaaack!

...kind of. So since graduation I have moved back into my parents house and done absolutely nothing except interview for various jobs. Like my mom likes to say, "job-hunting is a full-time job". Well, she's right. Every day since I came home a week ago (with the exception of a much-needed Memorial Day weekend on the Cape), I have been going to interviews and worrying so much about THAT that I've kind of fallen off my workout plan. Ok-totally fallen off. I'm an unemployed college grad, and I'm broke. I don't have the funds to pay for a gym membership, and why would I when I soon hope to be employed at a gym? I found out today that I can work out at my high school between 6-8pm for $1, so starting maybe tomorrow but definitely next week I'm going to be doing that. In the meantime, I did my own bodyweight workout today consisting of a lot of different exercises done Tabata-style. They were:

Squats
Push-ups
Curl-ups
Supermans
Planks
Russian Twists
Hip Thrusters
Leg Raises
Bird-Dogs

Obviously this isn't a "replacement" for my workout, just a temporary placeholder. I also found a cool iPhone tabata app that I downloaded and used. It's just a fancy timer, but it beeps twice after 20 seconds and once after 10 seconds so you know when to start and stop. This was useful because I could just hit start and not have to worry about keeping an eye on the timer. I think it will also be useful to use when I have clients.

Well that's all for today. I'm going to work on getting my butt into a real gym because I've lost a lot of time...my fault. Also if anyone knows of any fitness jobs in the greater Boston area...LET ME KNOW!! :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment