Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Steve 5/7/2012

Hey guys. So this is mine and Chrissy's test week. She was busy so she couldn't lift but today I did some lower body plyos and tested my bench and military press max.


Todays workout went as follows:

Dynamic warm up/foam roll

-I did a ton of hip mobility today. I'm still rehabbing my hip and hoping I can squat pretty heavy this week


Next I worked up to and tied  my box jump PR of 40 inches. I was pretty satisfied with this. It was a total of about 4 jumps.


Next I tried to establish a PR for kneeling jumps. I've never done these with weight so the form is still a bit rough around the edges. Here's a video:


 


This felt pretty good. I need to extend my hips farther but I definitely feel like I can go heavier.


My bench didn't go so hot. I did:

45x5, 135x2, 155x1, 175x1, 195x1, 205xmiss.

I'm not sure what's going on with my bench training but I havent been able to get it to budge. This is real frustrating considering I hit 205 at 132lbs and right now I'm in the high 140's.

On the plus side I hit a PR on my military press and got 135lbs. I'll take it as a small victory.

I should have some deadlift videos wednesday so stay tuned folks. Lookin for 440+. Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment