So this week is my 10's wave rep test week. Things have been going awesome so far and I've crushed some of my old rep maxes. Here's how my first two workouts went.
Tuesday:
Dynamic Warm up/Foam Roll
Bench: 5x45, 3x115, 1x125, 17x135
Incline Bench/Bent Over row superset: 4x10@95lbs each
Facepulls: 4x25
This workout went awesome. My previous rep max for 135 was 12 so this was a 5 rep PR. My bench is feeling real solid for the first time in a while and I'm excited to be putting mass on my chest/shoulders.
Wednesday:
Dynamic warm up/ Foam Roll
3x seated box jump. 28", 28", 30"
3x Standing box jump: 30", 30", 32"
3x Kneeling jump: bodyweight, 45lbs, 45lbs
With my plyos I've been focusing a lot on my landing mechanics so I've been doing less height. I feel like adding jumps has definitely been making me more explosive so I'm going to continue them into my next training phase.
Squat: 5x45, 5x155, 3x185, 1x215, 20x230
Conventional Deadlift: 8x185+ quaded mini band w/ 30s rest between reps
Tabata push ups
This was another huge rep PR for me. My previous 20 rep PR was 185lbs so I destroyed that. I also wanted to die for about 20 mins after that set haha. I took a phone video but the quality was awful so I'm not going to bother posting it.
In other news I got my MRI on my right hip yesterday. I don't have the results yet but I'm hoping there's no year in my labrum. Squatting super close stance has taken a lot of pressure off of it but I still need to take pain medication to make it through a full workout. I should have my results soon so we'll see.
Well thats all for today folks. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment