Friday, May 4, 2012

Chrissy 5/4/12

So, I hadn't planned on working out at all today, but the other day at my internship one of the other interns was doing reverse band squats with a trainer. Intrigued, I wanted to try it out myself. So today during some down time one of the trainers helped me do the band squats. I thought it was so fun. It really helps at the bottom of the squat to get that explosive power to come back up. I tend to get stuck at the bottom of my squat so this was helpful for me. Another thing it helped me with was my fear of big weights. My squat PR is 110, but today I was able to hit 185 for 3. Usually when I see 45lb plates I get a little freaked out and miss the lift, but I was able to do it today because the bands were there to help. I felt really good about it too. I probably could have gone up to 200, but my back was hurting a lot due to my weak low back muscles so I decided to just stay at 185. That's pretty good for a 105lb girl! I'm really happy I tried this out and I'm happy with the outcome. Video is below!



That's it for today! Don't forget to check out my NEW PrettyStrong profile!!
http://prettystrongpowerlifting.com/lifters/chrissy-giorgetti/

1 comment: